Position Details: Position:IT/ Programmer Architect
Desired Start Date:7/11/2011Duration:3 Months Job Description:Project Overview: This project will review the current "straw man" code block design and complete the design inclusive of lists of values, trees, high level combination edits, etc. The project will also develop the high-level functional and conceptual data designs for the Financial Data Warehouse and the GL. The project will define an enterprise wide finance data structure definition, data model, data dictionary, data strategy, and data governance. Finally, the project will research and design the key performance indicators that are financially impactful to The Hartford and should be tracked.
Project Objectives: Develop the conceptual and functional design for the PeopleSoft GL and Financial Warehouse and overall data model for financial information. Design an enterprise wide finance data structure definition, data dictionary, data strategy, and data governance. Research and design the key performance indicators that are financially impactful to The Hartford and should be tracked.
• Translate Business and Reporting requirements into conceptual and functional data designs.
• Develop Data Models (Hierarchical and Dimensional) for Management, Statutory or GAAP Financial Reports or Analyses.
• Develop and maintain the DW Bus Matrix Architecture.
• Participate in multiple GL code block sessions per week.
• Participate in multiple financial report review sessions per week. Skills:
Additional Position Requirements:
|Database Platforms ||Data Analysis ||No ||1 || || || |
|Programming Languages ||Data Modeling ||No ||1 || || || |
|Programming Languages ||Data Warehousing ||No ||1 || || || |
• A Master's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Math or related disciplines.
• A minimum of 7 years Data Warehousing experience with a focus on Financial Analysis.
• Expert data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
• Expert in designing and implementing Dimensional Star and Snowflake Data Models.
• Proficient in Process Modeling preferably associated with GL consolidation.
• Financial services experience required; Risk and compliance experience a plus.
• ETL and BI experience a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.